cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 solid red light

pjmagner
Joining in

Hi,

Our hub 3 currently has a solid red light, I’ve done a fair bit of research and understand this is due to it overheating.

I have tried all of the recommended fixes and it is still red.

Upon trying to find numerous ways to contact VM regarding our issue, this seems to be the best way (why is VM so difficult to contact!)

My partner and I both work from home so stable broadband is vital for us, we have had many issues with VM in the past such as the internet just going down for no reason, requiring a full restart of the hub.

Please can a replacement hub be sent out to us, preferably one of the newer models, not sure what it is with the Hub 3 but it clearly is a low standard product.

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey pjmagner, thanks for reaching out on our help forums for the first time and welcoe on board.

We're sorry to hear of the red light issue, we'd love to assist however as Tudor above correctly advised we'd only be able to process a like-for-like hub to be sent out after we've performed the necessary checks to lead us to this resolution of course.

Please, kindly confirm if you're happy for us to help further in this case and we'll take it from there.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will get replaced, but unlikely to be another model of hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey pjmagner, thanks for reaching out on our help forums for the first time and welcoe on board.

We're sorry to hear of the red light issue, we'd love to assist however as Tudor above correctly advised we'd only be able to process a like-for-like hub to be sent out after we've performed the necessary checks to lead us to this resolution of course.

Please, kindly confirm if you're happy for us to help further in this case and we'll take it from there.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

Thanks for picking up on this so quickly!

So long as it will solve the issue then I’ll be happy, I apologise for the sharp post this morning, it was a bad morning!

Please let me know what next steps we need to take.

Thank you,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @pjmagner 
Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details so I can book in the technician visit for the red light issue. The visit will be viewable shortly in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can cancel/amend if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes and do also pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill