cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 solid red light

HarryG1
Tuning in

Hi, my hub3 has had a solid red light for the past week or so instead of the normal white light.  It's connected to the Internet, and is providing WiFi through 2 pods too and multiple devices.  Speeds seem to be fine too.

Hub is in open space, on a shelf and when checking the router dashboard it's not overheating either

Is the red light a sign of imminent failure?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The overheat warning on the hub 3 is a known issue with some batches of hubs.

However, as this may mask a real problem which could be a fire risk the policy is to replace them.

If you have done a reboot & it has not resolved the issue the Forum Staff here can arrange a replacement.

I have escalated the thread to the team, who should respond shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the help.  I have performed reboots and switch off/ back on a few times with no change to the red light.

Fire risk does sound worrying 

Hi HarryG1,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your Hub 3 may be overheating - if you do have any concerns, the best thing to do would be to keep it switched off/unplugged. I know this may be an inconvenience but it would be the best precaution to take.

I've sent you a private message so I can take your account details and arrange a replacement for you.

Thanks

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HarryG1,

Thanks for confirming your details with me over private message.

I've gone ahead and booked in the next available engineer appointment we have. You'll be able to manage your booking online here.

The engineer will likely replace your Hub during the visit, or determine whether the issue is with the Hub LED instead.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Beth

Thank you. 

Hi HarryG1, 

It's no problem at all. 

Please pop back to us and let us know how the engineer visit goes. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, excellent service from the engineers, hub3 swapped over for another hub3, white light showing as expected now and tested up/down speeds too.  Looks like it was a faulty hub3

I am unable to see the hub or boosters on the virgin connect app though, although I've tried to follow the install guide. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey HarryG1, thanks for this update.

We're delighted to hear it all went well with the visit and your newly fitted hub 3 is working perfect! Great news indeed. 🙂

Sorry to see though that you can't find the hub's network on the connect App, have you seen an error during this process and have you tried to connect your device on the WiFi and then follow the set-up guide on our App to link up the equipment with it?

Let us know of the above and how you get on, happy to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, no errors seen.  Tried the option to install new hub with no joy.  Deleted cache and data from app, retried with no luck, and uninstall/reinstall didn't help.

Does the app look for a specific hub related to the profile I.e. the one which has been replaced, or any virgin hub on the network?