cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 solid red light

syedbakht
Joining in

Hi,

I want to know if the permanent red light with intermittent wifi on hub 3 is just because of LED lights problem in hub. As what technician yesterday visited and said this theory.
i am amazed we have now wifi in space but we cannot have wifi connection in one small room.

dear virgin media, since last six or seven months my hub lights doesn’t turn white and stay solid red, and i have intermittent wifi connection and poor range .

yesterday technician visited us and said this solid red light is only because of led light problem in hub.

you have no idea how hard is for me to manage with a special child as if he wants to see something online he has to sit only in one room to access wifi and with intermittent connection when his special learning apps and videos are stopped suddenly the whole day he cries and hard for us to manage him.
The reason I am posting here is because I am not able to find any email address for virgin media where I can write so I thought I might get any useful information from community too.

can anyone pls share the virgin media complaint email address i will appreciate.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked VM to come here to comment.

But almost certainly your poor wifi will have nothing to do with a red led on the Hub - unless the Hub really is overheating - despite the Tech telling you it wasnt !!  Did the Tech do anything else - like checking the connection ?

They will swap the Hub - when you get the new one - if the wifi issues persist then, just post back and we will see if we can help sort them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @syedbakht, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

Can you please confirm you've done the following in order to get light on the Hub back to white:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Please confirm and if still red, I'll pop you a PM to arrange to get this replaced for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you for replying me back, Virgin media tried to do it remotely twice and I have tried not only once but many times. It stays red. We have clearly loss of connection after every few hrs sometimes in a very short span of time. And poor range and low speed in other rooms since the light stays red. 
Device is well ventilated and never turns white after doing all the steps.

Regards. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.