cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 showing wifi devices connected on Ethernet speed very poor

Juegee315
Joining in

I contacted virgin regarding intermittent wifi and was told to rest my hub 3 to factory settings. Immediately after the hub came on I was asked to connect to Speedtest to check my download speed and had a download speed of 218. I’m on M200 package. I was then told by the agent that there was no problem with my broadband and the call was ended. Since the call my download speeds have been on average 20 and all of my devices connected wirelessly are showing as connected on Ethernet. My speed is worse than it’s ever been. I called because I have been experiencing very slow wifi connection on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. I’m getting timed out of connections on everything. I have some smart bulbs but they are not being shown at all so I cannot get them or my Amazon show device to be detected. 
I am angry as I’m paying £52 per month and getting the worst service ever getting 20 instead of 200.

how do I get my devices to detect wirelessly as they are obviously not plugged in by Ethernet.

Also how can I set up 2 separate connections of 2.4g and 5g

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If they say they are connected via Ethernet then it sounds like your wifi devices are connecting to a wifi booster rather than directly to the hub

Thank you but I don’t have a wifi extender 

Hi Juegee315,

Thanks for posting and welcome to  our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your connection, I've not been able to locate any account details for you so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
For better wifi put hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------