cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 showing solid red light

Hudsybear
Joining in

My hub has been showing a solid red light (at the bottom of the router) for months now.  As it wasn't affecting its performance, I just left it.

However, in the past few weeks it has become very temperamental. This includes numerous drop-outs a day, where it displays as connected (no internet) on any device trying to use it. As a household that watches TV predominately through streaming, it is becoming increasingly annoying. My wife and I also require the internet for work purposes.

I have tried unplugging, turning off, etc., which never solves the problem.

HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hudsybear,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the light and the issue with the service. 

I have taken a look on our system and can see we have a reported SNR fault. 

The fault reference is: F009789636 .

And the estimated fix date is: 25 APR 2022 18:00.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Naomi69
Joining in

@Hudsybear wrote: targetpayandbenefits

My hub has been showing a solid red light (at the bottom of the router) for months now.  As it wasn't affecting its performance, I just left it.

However, in the past few weeks it has become very temperamental. This includes numerous drop-outs a day, where it displays as connected (no internet) on any device trying to use it. As a household that watches TV predominately through streaming, it is becoming increasingly annoying. My wife and I also require the internet for work purposes.

I have tried unplugging, turning off, etc., which never solves the problem.

HELP!

A red Base (Power) light can indicate that the hub is overheating, but if you see the Power light flashing green it may indicate that there is a loose connection in the network.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hudsybear,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the light and the issue with the service. 

I have taken a look on our system and can see we have a reported SNR fault. 

The fault reference is: F009789636 .

And the estimated fix date is: 25 APR 2022 18:00.

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply.

What does SNR mean?  I managed to contact someone through WhatsApp but it wasn't particularly helpful ...

If this is fixed, should that solve my intermittent cut-outs?

What about ways to cool the router? The red light has been on for nearly 6 months and turning it off for long periods of time doesn't solve the problem. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hudsybear, 

SNR outages stand for sound to noise ratio, it affects your services causing dropouts and slow speeds.

They can last a while, how is everything looking for you now?

Zoie

Hi Zoie

I had one last night (lasting on & off for about 20 minutes) and again this morning (lasting for about 10 minutes).

Thank you for the update @Hudsybear and sorry to hear the issue is ongoing.

I have had a look into our system and I can see you have an upcoming appointment to resolve this issue. Please do let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs