cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 showing red light

joargent
Joining in

Hub 3 is showing solid red light and we have wifi problems that come and go. Any advice please as we do seem to regularly have issues with it? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi joargent, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have a red light and this is not the service we want you to have. 

Can you confirm if there are any issues with the connection or if the hub is overheating?

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi joargent, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have a red light and this is not the service we want you to have. 

Can you confirm if there are any issues with the connection or if the hub is overheating?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

no sign of overheating, no change to cable set up, or positioning of the Hub 3 but we are having connection problems with all devices.

Intermittent or slow connection for the last few days which was when we noticed the red light. 

Thanks, Jo

Thanks for coming back to the thread @joargent and I'm pleased to hear that the hub isn't overheating.

I've looked into the local area and no outages are present.

Can you possibly switch the hub off using the switch on the back of the hub and then unplug the hub from the mains for 30 minutes. 

Once this has completed power the hub back up and see if the red light re-appears.

Please report back to us once this has been completed with the outcome.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, 

Yes, I’ll do that now and let you know. Thank you so much for helping.. 

Solid red light showing after it was flashing for some time.. really need wifi for work and school stuff. Is there a number I can call to fix this please? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to wait for a VM technician to swap the Hub as it has a faulty overheat warning LED.

A VM Mod will pick this up in a day or two to arrange this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah ok,

thank you so much for letting me know. 

It seems like a very slow process though.. is there no one I can contact urgently? I pay a lot for broadband and a few days without will be really inconvenient for work and family life. 

Also should I turn the hub off completely if it’s over heating? It doesn’t feel warm or hot but I’d rather take a risk. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try phoning in, but that may be an exercise in patience ......

The Hub is not necessarily overheating if it is not hot, but more that the LED is faulty.  VM cannot take the risk and so they just swap out any faulty units.

If you are at all worried, you can unplug the Hub when you are not around.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You have a point about the phone lines.. Thanks for your advice regarding this. 

I’ll wait..