cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 reset ?

vbcoen
On our wavelength

Just set my new router to be modem only but could not get into in to it to make more changes despite cable to a DSL router.

So pressed reset and held for 10 seconds it does something with the main light purple and thats it still cannot get into it and I am beginning to think it is a BUG unless some one else knows other wise.

Blaster router is beginning to annoy me 😞

Any one any ideas as I cannot find any kind of a manual and getting close to ordering a Asus RT-AC86U but I do have a phone line 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A 10 second reset won't work.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly and keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get the Asus RT-AC86U
---------------------------------------------------------------

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A 10 second reset won't work.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly and keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

vbcoen
On our wavelength

I am going that way BUT I know that I will still need the VM hub if only for the phone line but I am sonsidering using a line splitter (as was used for my TV antenna) to connect to VM cable linked to the Hub 3 AND the AC86U.

I am "assuming" here that will work ?

Vince

vbcoen
On our wavelength
Trying that now but 1 minute reset wow that is a first.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Given the hubs need lots of resets I'm surprised A&E have not a list of people with needles in thumbs from holding the reset in.

---------------------------------------------------------------

vbcoen
On our wavelength

Done so, thanks.