cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 red power light

zenstar
Joining in

I've got a Hub 3 router and for the last 4 or 5 days the power light has been solid red (not the wifi light or the "trying to connect" light). The connection seems stable and I've not noticed any drops.

I've tried turning it off and on again and I've tried the pinhole reset. The light remains constantly red.

It is standing upright and has plenty of air space around it. It's warm to the touch, but not hot (cooler than the TV box), but from what I've read this is either an overheating issue or an issue with the sensor.

How do I go about ordering a replacement hub?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi John_GS,

Anything else I can try?
The PIN reset did not work. I am not in modem mode - I checked, it's router mode. And the red light remains on.

How do I go about requesting a replacement hub?

Thanks,

Alex

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a red light can mean the hub is over heating - thats the primary function of the light - it MAY be a circuit fault or a faulty led but for safety you should turn the hub off at night and if no one is in - the hub needs replacing - hopefully VM will get that sorted asap

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @zenstar

Thanks for doing the PIN reset.

I'll send a PM so we can get a tech out.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @zenstar

Thanks for joining me on PM

Just to update the thread, engineer visit booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill