cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 red light

Lulu06
Joining in

Hub 3 is faulty, I have tried phoning and live chat even put a complaint in. Nobody wants to know. The Wi-Fi is working but it has a red light. I have rebooted it and still I have a red light. It is not hot. The box is faulty, I would like a new one but I have been trying to get though to someone for 4 days.

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lulu06 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you have a red light warning on the router. These can sometimes be caused by an LED error in the router and should not have any affect on the service itself. You mention the box is faulty but then also mention that the WiFi is working, can you advise what makes the router faulty? 

Checking the systems at our side, I cannot see any issues that might cause the box to be faulty, other than maybe the LED error causing the red light. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Reset it and still the red light is on. Web pages are at times slow to load and it resets itself without any warning. I depend on using the Internet, I don’t want it to stop working , I have mobility problems and do my shopping online. 

Thank you for letting me know this.

I am going to send you a PM now, please do look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem this has all now been booked in for you.

Please do keep us updated on the visit goes and I hope you have a lovely rest of the day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew just to let you know the technician exchanged the hub3 with no problem at all. I would like to leave a review for him but he didn’t leave his name he did say that he will email a survey, but I didn’t receive it. Does it go through a Vm email as I don’t have one. I would really like to say that this guy was polite and respectful and very helpful. He should get a medal he listened to what we said.

Matthew you are also a star. Thank you for your help and support.

Hi Lulu06, thanks for the message, I am happy to hear that things are now resolved. 

You may get a survey and these can take up to two weeks to arrive. 

Do you have the tech number and we can chase this up for you. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Sorry no he didn’t leave me a booklet with any of his details.

Thanks for your reply 😊 We'll try our best to locate the engineer for you so your kind words can be passed on.

Please let us know if you need anything further, we are always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules