cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 red light

Underhillwin
Joining in

Hello, my hub 3 is constantly lit up Red, I believe this indicates that its too hot. The router is not hot to touch and is not near any heat source. I have checked all connections and carried out a pin hole reset for 20,60 and 2 minutes. Fault still present, I have turned the router off overnight 8hrs and switched back on, still red light. Have I done everything possible, I am currently trying to get through to virgin customer services for any help.

The router is only 3 months old, WiFi is poor and constantly drops out. 

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Underhillwin

It's disappointing to hear of the Hub 3 issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From your post it appears yo have tried everything possible to resolve this remotely, sometimes the red light shows in error is there is an issue with the sensor in the hub. From looking at the equipment and connection I can see the Hub has been online for 2 days, all of the levels appear to be within the levels and ranges we'd expect to see.

The speeds have dropped in the last 24 hours from an average of 218mbps down to 189mbps, there have been no disconnections registered during the last week. That being said we feel a technician will be required to attend due to the red light. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for getting back to me with the requested info Underhillwin, I have arranged a visit the details of which you can view here if there are any issues with the time or date of the appointment please let me know and I can look to amend it to best suit yourself. Please be aware this is the earliest we can get a technician out to you and any changes may delay the visit.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Rob

Underhillwin
Joining in

Hello Rob,

I am afraid the 31st of January is not a good date for me, as I am working. 

Please can you cancel this and any future bookings. I will contact you when I have an appropriate date. 

Kind regards 

Alistair 

Is your hub3 in modem mode? if so bear in mind that the hub3 light always looks red even when it isnt! What I mean is that I believe when the hub3 is working ok the light should be magenta but on my hub3 it looks red and always has ever since installation.  If your hub3 is working ok and not hot to the touch then it is probably ok.

Hi @Underhillwin,

Apologies for the delayed response. Did you cancel the booking? You can do so via you My Virgin Media online account.

Keep us posted with this and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Duffman5
Joining in

Hi

Just wanted to add I have exactly the same issue. Started yesterday and continues into today, red light on the Hub. I read it could be a connection issue, but I have checked and no issue, like yours it is also not too hot. I have also unplugged several times. It does not seem to effect the internet, well no more than usual. We have had many occasions where we lose connection and have done for a while now ;(

Since we have upgraded our speed, we have had more drop outs than usual, albeit they do not last long, they are bloody frustrating, epically when your profoundly non verbal autistic son relies on the internet!