cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 password reset problem

pictoria
Tuning in

I was persuaded by a call from virginmedia to upgrade my superhub 2 to a Hub 3. When it arrived it seemed to be secondhand as the front plastic is scraped. But anyway, I can't get into the router login because there is no password sticker on the bottom at all. Only the wifi password which of course would not work anyway. I have pin reset it for 60 seconds several times and tried the default password from the old router which was changeme. That doesn't work on this Hub 3.

I need to get in to the settings to remove the strict internet policing that the new hub has. It's causing me problems with web forms. 

Please could you tell me how can I discover the password for the hub 3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hub 3s come with unique numeric admin passwords. There is not a default password.

As it is a replacement Hub installation issue try the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain what has happened.

If they offer to send an engineer - accept that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Hub 3s come with unique numeric admin passwords. There is not a default password.

As it is a replacement Hub installation issue try the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain what has happened.

If they offer to send an engineer - accept that.

Thanks very much. I was expecting to see a password. It didn't occur to me that it might be a number. All is ok now.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey pictoria, thanks for posting on our help forum and this thread.

We're glad to see your password issues are resolved now with the help from our insightful forum member Client62 above.

Please, feel free to come back and ask if you need more support in the future. 
You may also visit here for more info on our hubs and how to connect as well as access your router's settings.

Kind regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs