cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 overheating

Del_C
Joining in

Hi

My hub 3 has consistently had the solid red overheating for the past 6 weeks despite multiple reboots and being in the same well ventilated area. It's also started dropping WiFi connection during video calls which is impacting on my work. I see from other threads that this has affected many other people. What's the best way to get a replacement hub ordered? 

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Del_C

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear your hub is displaying the red light which would usually indicate it is overheating. 

I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details so we can get a technician booked out and get this replaced if required. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM @Del_C

All done for you. I have booked a technician to come out to check this further. Should you find the time and date unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account

Let us know how the visit goes and enjoy the weekend 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This has been sorted now, the engineer replaced my hub and also checked my connection. Been working fine for the last couple of days

Thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

It VM a little worried that the newer hubs are over heating? seems old super hubs don't have this problem maybe a rethink about cooling is needed and not cheap out on how much heatsink you can get away with.🤒     

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Del,

Thank you for reaching back out to us with a update, glad to hear the technician has resolved your issue with a new hub and a full check.

If you do have any further issues do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.