cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 not allowing to reserve IP in DHCP

izzet01
Tuning in

In Hub 3, under advanced settings/DHCP there is the facility to reserve an IP address for any of the connected MAC addresses. Has anyone successfully done this? When I try to add a rule to do that and hit the add rule button the screen freezes for a few minutes and after that comes back with the login screen. Subsequently when I check the rule I have tried to create I do not see it in the reserved list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Using Firefox browser we have added 2 entries to the DHCP Reserved list of the VM Hub 3 as shown below.

For us the Hub 3 management works in Firefox except for the Network Diagnostics Tool that always fails, but works fine in the Edge browser.

If the Reserved list web page of the Hub 3 is not working as expected, it might be worth another try with a different browser.

Client62_0-1671303607775.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a full 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Bear in mind this will remove any custom settings you have set in the Hub, and you will need to set them up afterwards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could set a static IP address in the device.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

How other than via the DHCP setup screen?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot set a Static IP via DHCP, all you are doing is to set a preferred IP address. You set a static IP address on each device. All my iPhone, iPads and other devices use a static IP address. I have well over 60 static IP addresses on my network, across 2 VLANs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Using Firefox browser we have added 2 entries to the DHCP Reserved list of the VM Hub 3 as shown below.

For us the Hub 3 management works in Firefox except for the Network Diagnostics Tool that always fails, but works fine in the Edge browser.

If the Reserved list web page of the Hub 3 is not working as expected, it might be worth another try with a different browser.

Client62_0-1671303607775.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Unlikely better routers that do reserve IP in DHCP the hub does not do it correctly and can give out the IP to another device without checking the reserved IP list.

As for setting a device with a Static IP I read port forwarding does not work.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I see what you mean but it is not my objective to give the devices fixed IP, rather leave it to the DHCP Server to manage that function.

@Client62 - This works, many thanks.

@Tudor - I see what you mean but it is not my objective to give the devices fixed IP, rather leave it to the DHCP Server to manage that function.