cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.no.wifi

ACundy
Tuning in

Hub 3 not working. Solid green power light,.solid green WiFi light, flashing green internet light. Several reboots and a reset, all cables seem tight.

Any ideas please? Lights do not match anything on the help pages.

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

sophist
Trouble shooter

Try calling 0800 561 0061 to see if there's a local outage.. if not, you'll have to call it in (or wait here for a couple of days for staff to respond).

Or say I'm leaving and getting Sky, then they answer very quickly 😀

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The 0800 is an instant and automated fault line.

Is it a new Hub by any chance - or has it worked previously and stopped?

If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they look at the connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

So "spoke" to somebody on webchat who said I had static in my hub (dubious) and would send a signal down the line. That didn't work so he booked an engineer appt for tomorrow. Popped out shopping for an hour and came back to find everything working and a text saying a network fault had been fixed. Have tried to reply to the text with FIXED to cancel engineer but it seems that as they had sent another SMS in between it doesn't understand my reply. No appts showing on My Virgin media so assume they have cancelled the visit, will wait to see if I get any texts about the appt tomorrow morning. Glad it seems to be fixed but why are VMs website and apps so bad? Did they actually use any designers or just cobble them together during a toilet break? 🙂

@ACundy wrote:

So "spoke" to somebody on webchat who said I had static in my hub (dubious) and would send a signal down the line. 

That's a new one.............

We should log some of these!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

It was a good one 🙂  I have worked in IT since 1986, not networks to be fair.  I was at a factory in California many, many years ago and the guy I was working with, who was a good few years older than me, claimed to have known Grace Hopper who worked with the Ops that found the moth that, apparently, led to the term "bug". Whether he was telling the truth who knows 🙂

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ACundy,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some connection issues recently, but I'm glad that we've been able to resolve the matter in this instance. Apologies for the downtime you had there and the inconvenience it caused.

If you need our help with anything in the future, please do feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!