Menu
Mhairir03
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 - no wifi or internet connection

Hi there...our hub3 was recently moved and now have no WiFi connection.

ive tried resetting it but hasn’t worked. Network is appearing in list of available networks but keeps saying incorrect password? Haven’t changed the default password. Was installed about a month ago.

please help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 - no wifi or internet connection

Hi Mhairir03

Welcome to the community. If you're still having issues connecting can you try a pinhole reset of the hub. Let me know if this helps.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem. Tried pinhole reset and nothing changes. Have you founf the solution? ONly wit Virgin MEdia for 2 weeks and already having problems. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Mhairir03
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I eventually connected laptop to router with ethernet cable and reset the password on it. Seemed to work?

jbrennand
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@caprizzosa wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Tried pinhole reset and nothing changes. Have you founf the solution? ONly wit Virgin MEdia for 2 weeks and already having problems. Smiley Sad

Did you hold the pin in for >30 seconds and DON'T switch the Hub off afterwards?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did and it did nt work. Mobile phones and macbook are all conecting fine. It is onlt the PC and printer that are playing up.....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are the printer & pc fitted with 2.4 GHz only network cards ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Mhairir03
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My wifi network has dropped off again...hub reset hasn't worked, logged in to router via ethernet but page keeps crashing so can't do anything?  This is ridiculous. Only had this for about 5 weeks. Any more ideas as to why it comes and goes?  No TV services or wireless devices can connect. CAn get internet when plugged into router ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mhairir03,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

From checking your line, the upstream power levels are too high at 54 dBmV and this can cause your internet too disconnect. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos