cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 modem mode

Jimjam75
Joining in

Hi,

I’ve recently added a Deco M9 mesh system to my home and I was having all sorts of issues with WiFi signal, my Sonos etc dropping out.  I realised it was due to having the hub and Deco both in Router mode. I turned off the WiFi on the hub. It worked ok for a while, then more issues. I solved those by changing the Deco to AP mode only. Everything works now but it seems a shame not to be able to use the anti virus etc on the Deco now. I read if I put the hub in modem mode, plugged the deco into this, only the deco, then added a switch to the Main Deco, it should all work ok. Everything plugged into the switch they I want hard wired. 

stupid question, the Virgin cable in from the wall has a coax and Ethernet cable. Both need to be connected into the hub. If I can only plug the Deco into the hub, when it’s in modem modem, where do I plug the Ethernet cable linked to the coax cable? The virgin instructions suggest it has to be in the Hub? Would it go in the switch?

thanks

Jaimie

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Mike, 

Spot on instructions. The steps to disconnect, turn off and setup worked a treat! 

Thanks, 

Hi DL79, 

Thanks for updating us on this issue, and thank you @MikeRobbo for giving him that advice!

If you need any further help in future, I have a few other links below which I think may help you and others that read this post too 🙂

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

You can also come straight back to us on here and create a new post about whatever problem you may be facing 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Excellent advice. Thanks very much.