cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 modem keeps losing internet

abcd-abcd
On our wavelength

Hello - can anyone help? I have a comprehensive TP-Link wireless network which I think functions pretty well, but we get daily dropouts at critical times during work Zooms etc... any ideas please? This from browser/192.168.100.1/Network Status/Network Log - thank you (BTW I had to assemble the image below in Photoshop as I wasn't able to paste the table in here due to "html errors".)

Virgin Media Hub 3 Network Errors 2021-06-14 at 14.18.22.jpg

75 REPLIES 75

Well, it's the 28th June... and.. wait for it... drum roll... I have not received any notifications from Virgin Media... AS I EXPECTED.

Would any employees like to chime in?

Groan.

Good morning

I am sorry the congestion issue is ongoing, I've checked it for you today and the estimated fix date is the 9th July. Your fault reference is F008733580. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

abcd-abcd
On our wavelength

Thanks John_GS - but why isn't it fixed now? And why hasn't anyone let me know?

And Sasha, you said this: "You won't have to chase this up, if there is an outage or any updates on an outage, it will already be sent to you via text or email so you won't have to chase this is up with us. Thanks Sasha - Forum Team"

So it's not true is it? May I have an apology? And some cash to reflect this poor level of service?

I will certainly have that fedback for you yes but we won't be able to compensate for the information I'm afraid. I have apologised in my previous reply.

If you do pop us a post the day before the 9th July, or even monitor it on the 9th and let us know, we'll be happy to check the progress of the ticket for you. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

abcd-abcd
On our wavelength

Thanks John_GS - but why is up to me - the customer who is experiencing broadband issues because of a Virgin Media fault - to check up on the progress of your engineering works? I can't think of any other company that would behave in this way.

I wasn't asking for compensation for Virgin Media's unfulfilled promise of communication (though why not?) - it was for my intermittent broadband, which we have already established is Virgin Media's fault!

As a comparison, my bank made a small mistake the other day, which cost me an awkward 40 minutes verifying a large payment. I asked for a token gesture and they gave me £75, no questions asked.

A few months ago, Virgin Media kept me without broadband for TEN DAYS and I spent a fortune on data - and TEN HOURS on the phone - plus waiting for an engineer who never turned up - and I begged and begged and they gave me around £40 - which I had already spent on data. I ended the week in tears and I am bloke. It was like being in a Franz Kafka story.

I hope O2 closes down Virgin Media and takes the whole thing over - it's rotten to the core (although of course I acknowledge pleasant staff - who promise things that they don't deliver!).

Hello John_GS - it's July 8th - any progress on fixes/maintenance? Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi abcd-abcd,

Thanks for your reply,

I have checked your account and can see the outage has been extended to the 9th of July, I can appreciate any frustration on this, congestion outages can take a while to resolve please bear with us and keep us posted and we can keep checking and helping you on this 

Zoie

abcd-abcd
On our wavelength

Hello Virgin Media

Please would you tell me what the status of your repair is... my broadband is still dodgy.

Why do I have to chase this? Please get in contact with me.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @abcd-abcd.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

Estimated end date:23 JUL 2021 16:00

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Hayley, but PLEASE WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW - RATHER THAN ME HAVING TO CHASE VIRGIN MEDIA?

I am the paying customer, whereas your company is the supplier, who is failing to give me proper service.

So therefore, the onus is on Virgin Media to keep me informed, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Sorry for the CAPITALS, but if you were to ask me which words spring to mind when I think of Virgin Media, they would be:

RAGE & DESPAIR.

Please treat me as if my custom mattered. Thank you.