cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 lights change colour

Yiorgos
Joining in

Hi,

The light at the bottom of my Hub 3 has been changing colour during the past week or so. It used to be solid white, but now it's mostly solid orange and sometimes it turns solid red, then it can becomes white for a while and so on. There are no other lights on or flashing on the hub and my connection has been working without problem at the usual speeds and without interruption.

I have rebooted and reset the hub a few times, but the light doesn't change back to white.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A hub showing a red light is an overheat warning. This is a safety issue & if it keeps happening the hub should be replaced even if the warning is false.

I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team to get this resolved for you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A hub showing a red light is an overheat warning. This is a safety issue & if it keeps happening the hub should be replaced even if the warning is false.

I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team to get this resolved for you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Yiorgos

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear that your router has a red light warning. I haven't been able to locate any details on our system. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you Carley. I have responded in PM.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message @Yiorgos.

I have now booked you a visit for the red light warning issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley