cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 light red

Vidath01
Joining in

I have recently joined Virgin media. My hub 3 light is always red. It s in good ventilated area. From the very beginning the light was never white. I tried different palaces and reboot but nothing helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red light persists after a power cycle, then the Hub needs replaced.  The red LED is an overheat waring and needs to be working correctly, or it is a fire risk.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red light persists after a power cycle, then the Hub needs replaced.  The red LED is an overheat waring and needs to be working correctly, or it is a fire risk.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Vidath01, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to Virgin Media and the community. I am sorry to hear you hub3 light is always on red. 

Has it been on red since day 1 and its not on modem mode at all is it?

I have also looked at our end however I cannot see nothing major everything is looking fine, so I want to look into this.

I will send you a PM so we can look into this in more detail, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt.   Thank you for your reply. It has been red from the day 1. But broadband connection and speed is fine