cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 keeps losing power, how to get a replacement?

JAdams1
Tuning in

Hi, had some long term issues with my hub and it's to the point where I could really do with getting a replacement but I'm struggling to find any way to order one other than posting on here.

Problem is with the hub losing power, if it gets moved or the cable gets snagged or anything then it can lose power and then takes a lot of shifting about and twiddling to get working again. When it's on it's fine and everything works, online troubleshooting says it's fine and a factory reset ends with the same issue of everything bein fine until it isn't.

Is there a better way for me to get in touch to order a new one or do I just wait on here?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you mean by losing power?

Keeps switching itself off (main power light goes off)? Or you are losing wifi connectivity? Speeds dropping ? Or something else?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Turns itself off, no lights, no power, nada.

Once it does that you then need to fiddle with the connector (the end of the power cable that plugs into the hub) until it comes back on (white power light comes on) and then wait for it to do all of it's power on stuff and connect.

that sounds like a cable issue rather than a hub issue

I've replaced the cable before and it has the same issue, sorry should have put that in the main body, I'll add it.

E: Or not, can't seem to edit my original post.

Sounds like the socket on the back of the hub - You'll need a new one!

VM staff should be along shortly to advise / book!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JAdams1,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues with your Hub recently.

I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further. Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide