cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 issue

Fixxxer1973
Joining in

Hi

For about 3 months now, the light on my router has been solid red. It still seemed to work for a while but recently broadband has been sketchy at best. I have done all the reboots and reset with the pin hole button, but still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red LED on the Hub 3 is an overheating warning. If it is persistent over a power cycle, then is should be replaced by VM as it can be a risk.

If you wait here a VM Mod will pick this up in a day or two and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red LED on the Hub 3 is an overheating warning. If it is persistent over a power cycle, then is should be replaced by VM as it can be a risk.

If you wait here a VM Mod will pick this up in a day or two and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info. Will wait

George

Hi George,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you had a red LED on your Hub 3, we'll be more than happy to help you with this.

I've send you over a private message so I can take some details and arrange an engineer visit, if you could also just confirm that your hub is in an open and clear space, that would be great.

Look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi George,

Thank you for getting back to me with your details over PM.

I've arranged an engineer visit for you so that the Hub can be replaced if needed. You can view and manage your appointment time slot online here.

Do let us know how the visit goes and if there's anything else we can help you with 😊

Beth