Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 green lights

Matchu101
Joining in

Hi

I'm new to this so please excuse if I'm in the wrong area 🙂

I have a hub 3 and out of the blue I've lost all internet. I've turned off and on, reset button tried, and even borrowed a friends hub to try but still nothing.

Tried the online checks but it keeps telling me the hub is not connected properly but I've checked all connections and none have been touched when issue started.

I've Tried ringing customer services but after going through menu after menu I'm met with an automated message stating closed before cutting me off.

I need access to internet due to my work so wondered if there was something I'm missing.

I have wifi solid green, 2 arrows green and flashing, power light green and 2 white arrows on tv box.

Many thanks if you've made it this far through my babbling on!

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My thoughts are you have a signal issue. The green base light suggests only one of the 24 downstream data channels are useable.

You are unlikely to get any real response until Tuesday as there is only limited offshore support available. The forum team here can book tech visits from this forum & one should be along in a while.

As to what you can do. Apart from checking the connections, not much. I would also refrain from plugging anyone else’s VM hub from another address. Hub use is monitored by VM systems & if a hub is detected as moved to another fibre node from the location it should be VM have been known to deactivate them. Hubs are only supposed to be used at the address they are registered too.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matchu101

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m having the same problem, no outages in my area, gone through every step by step to try and get it working again and checked all connections… router just flashing green lights as OP.

Hi jennaleary,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with your connection due to the Router flashing green, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, I can see you have since spoken to us and I can see you do have a connection, if you are still facing issues and need further support, please reach back out.

Regards

Paul.