cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 green flashing light

Deanmca7
Tuning in

Hi all. 

We got hub 3 delivered yesterday to our new home.

the previous owners had virgin installed so wall socket in place already. 

however when I went to install the new hub I noticed that it’s supplied with a male connection cable and the cable in our wall socket is also a male. 
found a double ended female connector and used that to get our hun up and running. 

but now we have a flashing green power light. It has been plugged in all night and still flashing green with no internet connection. 

how do I fix this or do I require an engineer? 

many thanks 

Dean 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you "activate" the Hub onto your account?

Even if you did it may not have gone through correctly. Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

If they insist it is activated then you will need a Tech visit to see what is going on - VM never check the connection details before sending out a quick start pack - they just know that there was a working connection at the location, recently. It may have stopped for some reason.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John for letting me know. The hun has been activated. But is their supposed to be a splitter in the wall socket? I don’t appear to have a splitter in mine 

There would only be a splitter if you need to send a signal to a TiVo box.

If it is just going into the Hub then you don't need a splitter!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Deanmca7,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

It's great to have you on board 🙂

Have you managed to get things sorted?

If you still have any issues, feel free to give me a shout. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not sorted yet. But thankfully an engineer is calling out tomorrow. I will let you all know the out come. 

Thanks for popping back with an update.

Glad to hear an engineer has been arranged to get this sorted 🙂

Keep us posted. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Very kind engineer called out this morning at 8am. Issue is sorted. The previous owner of the house had taken the internals of the wall socket! No wonder it wouldn’t work! 

up and running now 😁😁

Ooooh - fun!!

Glad it's sorted!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi there @Deanmca7

Thank you so much for updating us and I am so glad to see this has been resolved! Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you have any issues or questions in the future! 

Thank you so much again!