cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green flashing lights

chrisj1990
Joining in

Hi all

I use the Virgin Hub 3 in modem mode, as I’m using a google nest system. All working perfectly, but had a brief power cut and now the hub power light, and the internet light (the arrows), are each flashing green. Have turned off and on again, and the same thing happens. 
Any ideas?

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for known faults first

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows there, First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends or loose wires on the connectors . Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes and see if that resolves it.

If not a pinhole reset is the last resort

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for known faults first

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows there, First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends or loose wires on the connectors . Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes and see if that resolves it.

If not a pinhole reset is the last resort

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks very much John, the pinhole reset worked (eventually)!

Thanks for your post and update, chrisj1990,

Glad to hear that jbrennand's suggestion for a pinhole reset worked. 

Cheers,

Corey C

When you said "eventually" the pin reset worker, how many times did you need to do it?

Thx

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Foley5,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

Are you experiencing similar issues? Can you tell us a little more about your Hub set up and what issues you're having at the moment?

We're happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GeorginaBee
Just joined

We have received our new router today. We have plugged it in and a green flashing light on the base light has appeared. I have followed the book and pushed the wires in if they are loose and rebooted it however there’s still a green flashing base light at 2 hours. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get out wifi to work please. 

Good Morning @GeorginaBee, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the green flashing lights, after issuing you a new router.

Can you please confirm if the router was issued out as a replacement, or if perhaps this is a new install on one of our Quick Start orders? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn