cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 flashing green arrows

Graham87
Joining in

Have an issue getting an internet connection through the Hub 3. Can connect to wifi network wirelessly without any issue but have not internet access.

Have been on the phone to the automated diagnostic system and told that “you’re router is offline” I don’t want to state the obvious, but that is the reason for the call. Then sent a web link via text message to perform the same test is also unhelpful.

I understand that being New Year’s Day bank holiday and the current COVID situation that call centers maybe closed, but can’t we have an option to speak to a person at all? 

There seems to be no local connection issues and when I’ve gone into the router settings through a web browser, the “upstream” section of the admin tab is showing “downloading update” since, I guess 8pm last night (31/12/20) 

Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

It may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once the lights are stabilised check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi Mike, thanks for a speedy response. 

Have performed the reset without shutting down router afterwards. Have given it a good 30 minutes since and now still have the flashing green arrows and also along with a steady green wifi light too?