cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 ethernet switch in modem only mode

Spaceman26
Settling in

Recently went through the pain of setting of TP-Link Deco meshed Wi-Fi on my Hub 3 (to overcome the woefully bad performance of the Hub 3 WiFi) - lots of good guides on the forum to do this - shame its so finicky.

Now I've found that the ethernet switch only seems to be able to support port 4 - where the Deco is connected. The other ethernet ports on the back of the hub don't seem to be supported.  I've overcome this by putting a switch into port 2 of the Deco hub and reconnecting the hard wired connections I had to the VM Hub, but I took some time to debug this.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the Hub is in modem mode, only one ethernet port is active - because you have switched off its router.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In moden mode - just connect the switch to the free ethernet port on the master Deco unit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.