cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - ethernet speeds very slow

Albie1
Tuning in

Hi guys,

I switched to VM M125 package from TalkTalk in Jan but have never got anything close to the max speed out of the LAN ports. I can get close to that on wifi (but the range isn't great) but my main problem is the wired connection.

Tonight both VM broadband speedcheck and samknows show approx 15mbps but 132mbps to the router. I've changed cables and 3 different laptops, some with ethernet ports and some with LAN/USB adapters but all give similar results (see images).

VM download Speeds.jpg

Only once in the last 6 weeks have I got over 60 mbps which is frustrating as my work TEAMS calls are regularly failing and I have to switch to audio only and a speed test this morning showed 5 mbps.

I've rebooted the Hub multiple times and reset it to original setting but not joy.

I've been unable to have an online chat and the Hub self diagnostic says it's all good, so any idea what I can do as I am regretting the switch at the moment ?

Cheers guys, any help appreciated

19 REPLIES 19

Client62
Legend

Just to be quite clear ... 

Multiple laptop have been tried directly network cabled to the Hub 3 and the download speed rates remain well below 25Mb/s ?

But WiFi speeds are OK.   A defective Hub 3 ?

Hi Client62, 

Yep all wired directly to the hub.

I've also just doublechecked the WiFi 5 mins ago and it is max'd out (in fact faster than going in !)

Like you, I suspect there is a Hub problem but not sure how to get it switched.

VM download Speeds wifi.jpg

The Hub & WiFi look spot on, but the Ethernet very  poor.

VM Team are most likely going to request that you RESET the Hub 3.

It is worth a try.

To trigger the Factory Reset, a 60 second timed press & hold of the rear RESET button is required.

Then just leave the Hub 3 to recover, it will take longer than normal to start up and to resume the internet service.

Thanks Client62, will try that and report back

Hiya, 

Done the full factory reset but still no better

VM download Speeds wired 9pm.jpg

Anything else to try or how can I get the Hub switched for another one ?

I am out of ideas.

The Hub appears to be defective.

Thanks for your help Client62, I'll see what VM say

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Are you using HomePlug - Network Via Mains?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Legacy1, 

Yep got a few powerline adapters (TP-Link) plugged in but not using them for the tests.

Why, is there a problem with them ?