cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 dropping connections

Jackiec28
Joining in

Hello there, we've had Virgin broadband and hub3 for over 5 years For the past 6 months or so we've had problems with the hub3 dropping connection.  We're forever restarting the hub manually  & have reset the hub . we're also experiencing slow wifi and any screen streaming regularly buffers . I've tried to discuss this with virgin by phone but we just seem to go round in circles resetting the hub which fixes things for a few days and then we're back to the start. I’ve tried to explain that it’s an intermittent fault but to no avail Any help gratefully accepted, not sure how else to sort this one other than change provider?

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jackiec28 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your hub disconnecting 😔 I've checked our system for you and I'm unable to see any disconnections for the time you have stated. There is however a ongoing disconnection from yesterday. Can you please reboot your hub and I will be happy to run some further tests for you?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also... can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello and thank you. 
I gave in and bought a Wi-Fi mesh thing in the end. This means router had to be in modem mode.  This system seems to be ok at moment. Just one quick question I read somewhere that you can only use Ethernet port 1 and the others become obsolete. Is this true as I normally have a few things plugged into the hub.  

Thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear this.

I've run another test and everything is showing as great, how has the internet been over the last days is everything okay? 

If you got a WIFI mesh from us they are wireless 🙂 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?