cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 down again

JoMcQ
Joining in

I am off work this afternoon/evening yet again (10th day unable to work in last 3 months) because I have no WiFi or Ethernet connection. 

The app tells me to wait 24 hours even though there's not an apparent issue in my area. But each time, that's a day of not working. 

I've pin reset multiple times, changed all my cables, rebooted the router, bought a new router and put VM one into modern mode and it's off again. 

Contact up next week and seriously thinking I'll need to move to another provider.

As one last attempt, can I please be sent a new hub to try? 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usually not hub problems, often connection is the cause, when it happens phone Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level.

Also please provide some stats as below:

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor.

I have tried to access the router (modem mode) IP from laptop and phone but keep getting 'timed out' response.

Is that significant to my problem? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this, just unplug the Ethernet cable from your router to the VM hub, wait 10 seconds and plug it in again. Now try accessing 192.168.100.1

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Still getting 'connection timed out'.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoMcQ,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your broadband connection at the moment.

I have checked our systems and there are no local outages that could be impacting your at home connection right now. I have also taken a look at your power levels, and I cannot see any issues with those that could be impacting you in any way.

How is your connection at the moment? Can you tell me if this issue is impacting your WiFi connections only, or is it impacting your wired connections as well? Have you taken a look at our Broadband Faults page to see if this can help?

Please let us know and keep us updated on how you're getting on and if we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs