cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 constant red light

kedavi
Joining in

Hi - my long serving Hub 3 has started showing a constant red light in the last couple of days.  It is not running hot at all and it has always been positioned in the open in a cool room.  Wifi coverage around the house doesn't seem as good now as it was previously with devices struggling to get a decent connection upstairs.  I have restarted it several times without any change.  Would a factory reset help or is the device starting to fail?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM will require you to do a reset before the next step which is usually a technician visit to replace it (forum staff here can book that if needed).  The reset sometimes works, but judged on reports here, more often than not it won't help. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM will require you to do a reset before the next step which is usually a technician visit to replace it (forum staff here can book that if needed).  The reset sometimes works, but judged on reports here, more often than not it won't help. 

Thanks for that.  

I've done a reset but with no change - the red light of doom is still present.  How do I flag this up to VM or to the forum folks to get things moving along?  VM appears to deliberately make it very difficult to actually speak to a person about these issues and the online help pages do not contain an option that fits these particular circumstances, ie the Hub 3 is still operational but with a fault light and diminished performance.  Thanks.

Hi kedavi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with the hub light.

So I can arrange an engineer for this I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm