cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 constant red light

Chris_c81
On our wavelength

I've had this problem for months now. The hub is not hot but obviously something is not right given the red LED. I've tried a reset several times to no avail. Any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes. In modem mode you have a red light instead of a white/yellow-ish one.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Are you running in modem mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Yes. This normal for modem mode?

Yes. In modem mode you have a red light instead of a white/yellow-ish one.

Well, damn! Did not know that! Thanks.

@Chris_c81 wrote:

Well, damn! Did not know that! Thanks.

If you’re not certain and want to check if there’s an issue you can always put the hub back to router mode to make sure the light stays white. Then put it back to modem mode again.

A bit of a faff really. 

Yeah, nah I'll leave it then. I just assumed it was a heat problem but it otherwise seems OK. Thanks again.

Hey @Chris_c81,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm glad that you could get the help from @gary_dexter that you needed to resolve your issue.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L