cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 clicking and losing connection

BlackpoolDriver
Tuning in

Hub 3 keeps clicking and I’m constantly losing connection. I have to switch off Hub and wait and it still doesn’t connect first time. I usually have to repeat the process several times before getting a connection 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It’s the internet connection I keep losing the Wi-Fi remains on 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this.....

Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens - is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s the internet connection I keep losing the Wi-Fi remains on 

I have hub 3 in modem mode I have 2 Tp-Link ax53 ,s 1 is router 2nd is in AP mode in another room and a tp-link re600x  in a third room the router is in mesh with the extender. Even without the extender internet connection fails several times a day 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
With the Hub in modem mode - did you connect the first router to it in the "correct" sequence? If not can you try again as per Tudor’s message 2 in here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes I’ve followed many suggestions from different forums and it works for a day or two then the clicking and disconnection starts all over again 

Hi @BlackpoolDriver,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your hub clicking and losing connection. We can understand the frustration this may have caused. I can however see that our team has booked an engineer visit for you. Please let us know how this goes and if you need further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs