cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 change LAN IP address

HTG10
Tuning in

I'm replacing a Hub 2 with a hub 3. I have a total of 3 extra Wifi networks from different routers, all effectively in bridge mode, as well as a few other obscure odds and ends with fixed IP addresses which are tedious to change.

The Hub 2's IP address was 192.168.1.1, and the Hub 3's address is 192.168.0.1. It is possible (but very tedious indeed) to change everything to match the Hub 3, so I'd prefer to make the LAN IP address of the Hub 3 into 192.168.1.1.

Is this possible? How?

11 REPLIES 11

@HTG10 wrote:
Oh good! So thinking laterally, as I said, I have 3 other WiFi base stations, all bridges. There's also an old Apple Airport Extreme playing at being a network drive. Is it possible to turn off the DHCP in the Hub 3, use the Wifi, and use, say, the airport extreme for DHCP?

If you put the hub into modem mode yes 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Quite true. Thanks for helping.

I put the old hub back to enable me to log in to all the old things and changed them to the 0 subnet, so I'm mostly working again. Mostly. Cheers!