cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 and rubbish wifi

Edp22
Dialled in

1BBDAAB7-B10A-4783-AC73-4C1F84E676FA.png

So as we enter the second weekend of dire service and ZERO contact from virgin operatives I’m wasting my Sunday evening trying to sort out ultimate oomph kit for which I pay over a hundred quid a month 

4375025A-3247-48BD-9FDC-86F376704C2B.png

1ABEE65C-F0E9-4234-A8E5-B56B227D302D.png

27 REPLIES 27

365 bursting to 479

this was the laptop hard wired to hub 

and this was at my desk wifi only (pod is under the desk )

69 bursting to 74 

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Edp22 wrote:

365 bursting to 479

this was the laptop hard wired to hub 

and this was at my desk wifi only (pod is under the desk )

69 bursting to 74 

Try again using the link I gave you (Sam Knows) for completeness - but this suggests there's not a great deal wrong with your broadband connection (at the time of testing) even though 600M would be nice, but there's a wireless connectivity issue - can you try to pods at other locations - not under the desk?

I don't know your house layout etc. but I would be looking to use Ethernet cabling to your office/desk (which I do) and even looking to get my own mesh system (though with your package you should be able to use the pods, if they're included).

Also use a Wi-Fi analyser app such as inSSIDer to see whet the wireless environment looks like at your property and take steps accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Sadly Ethernet to office from hub isn’t realistic here.  Next house maybe! 
thanks hopefully the WiFi pods will create and effective mesh

in the mean time I’ll see if I can elevate the hub but constricted by length of virgin cables from the wall

first world problems 

Hello Edp22

Have you looked into or given any thought to getting the hub relocated 

Gareth_L

Yes regularly but  virgin cables coming into the house dictate where it rests 

Hi Edp22

I am happy to get a Technician back out if you wish 

Gareth_L

Hi.  That may be an option. Let’s see how the mesh works when it’s all up and running and has been used for a week 

the final pod should arrive soon according to Sophie 

yesterday’s video call was fine  but I’ll see what happens when two people are working at the same time 

Sounds like a good plan Edp22

Look forward to seeing how the week pans out 

Gareth_L