cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 and rubbish wifi

Edp22
Dialled in

1BBDAAB7-B10A-4783-AC73-4C1F84E676FA.png

So as we enter the second weekend of dire service and ZERO contact from virgin operatives I’m wasting my Sunday evening trying to sort out ultimate oomph kit for which I pay over a hundred quid a month 

4375025A-3247-48BD-9FDC-86F376704C2B.png

1ABEE65C-F0E9-4234-A8E5-B56B227D302D.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
27 REPLIES 27

lotharmat
Community elder
What problems are you trying to fix?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Two fold 

speed into the house somewhere near the oomph 600mbs I pay for and inside the house WiFi coverage I can use for work and an app which sees my devices 

I’ve been working fine for a year but something catastrophic happened a couple of weeks ago and it’s been awful 

full day of video calls fir work today and crappy coverage 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Edp22

Thank you for your post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your WiFi, I'm really sorry to hear you are experiencing these connection issues. I understand how frustrating that must be.

I have checked your account and can see that additional Intelligent WiFi Pods are on their way to you now to help with your coverage.

May I ask what lights are showing on your Hub 3?

Best wishes,

Serena

Morning again Serena 

I understand your colleague Sophie has arranged for two additional pods to be delivered though I’ve had no confirmation  from your courier 

sadly the speed into the house to enable the WiFi is still an issue and already today on my conference calls I’ve had to switch off the camera and pause other household devices. Can you please update me on the resolution to the actual service to the property as well as the mesh extension within ?

thanks 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The speeds coming into the Hub have to be measured on a device connected directly to the Hub by ethernet cable and not on wifi. Is that how you are testing speeds?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Your engineer did when he visited two weeks ago. Your system should have his report.  He left saying “it’s very slow sir” after going to the street cabinet and “turning it up”. Which should be impossible as I get your fastest speed available according to your marketing and my bills 

thanks 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As my "Sig" says..... I am not a VM employee so have no "system" for reports 🙂

So can you do a speed test on an ethernet connection to see if they match the speeds you should be getting. If you dont want to that's ok.

The Pods ought to deliver you the correct speeds over wifi. But if its still slow then there may be a connections issue somewhere, although I am assuming that the VM staff have looked at you connection details and think it is all in spec. Has someone actually said that to you (other than the Tech)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Edp22,

As @jbrennand has said, your connection has been checked and everything is with the correct specifications and the pod(s) that are on their way should restore your connection to the correct speed.

Would you be able to do the checks that have been suggested?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi again 

sorry didn’t read your signature anyhow I’ll wait for the new pods get them set up and stable and then plug the laptop Ethernet into the hub to run speed test   Virgin are monitoring for 30 days though per their contract terms 

thanks anyhow