cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 and now Hub 4 Don't Keep Name Change

AndrewGC
Dialled in

Changed a while ago to Hub 4. Hub 3 had a weird "bug" where, if I'd changed it's name to, say, Fred, at some point my phone would pick up another local connection called VMxxxxx which was actually Fred's original default name. Sometimes it would show Fred as well, but you could only connect to VMxxxxx if you used the original default password on the unit base.

And Hub 4 did it today. First I had connection issues on my phone, and I can see only VMxxxx. I go into the Hub settings on a fixed line and it's renamed itself back to default. This is clearly some sort of bug maybe to do with updates?

Is there any solution other than having to keep going back into settings? Are Virgin even aware of this?

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are aware of this and I believe there is a setting in your VM account, something like "Intelligent/Smart Wifi"?  that does this.  If you turn this option off it should stop renaming your SSID.

Scrub that.  I'm now doubting if that option exists?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks