Menu
Peenutz
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 and IP cam

I've a new hub 3. I have 3 seperate IP cameras that worked fine on hub 2.0 but the hub cannot connect to the cameras. I can connect all other devices. I have split hub into 2.4 and 5, turned off firewall, but still nothing shows as connected. I can connect through ethernet. Am I doing something wrong? 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 and IP cam

Some IP cam's don't work with the hub 3 so you may have to use modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, there.

Welcome to our Community Forum page.

How are things going on since your last post?

Let us know, so we can further assist .

Geraldine_C

0 Kudos
Peenutz
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, VM 'forgot' to mention this when I upgraded.  Have ordered a router from Amazon so will set it up over the weekend 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peenutz,

Glad to hear that your issue has been taken cared of. Let us know if

there's anything else that we can assist and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Kind Regards,

Roxie_G

0 Kudos
Peenutz
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As my hub 3 was not recognising any of my 3 IP Camera's, I went ahead and bought a TP link Archer C7 router and put my hub into modem mode.  I still have the same problem though, the archer c7 will not recognise any of my ip camers (2.4ghz). Everything else can connect just not the 3 cameras.  I have an apeman, zmodo and yi cameras.  The ip cameras all worked fine on the superhub 2.  Any ideas?  One camera has a lan port and i connect through this, but I want wireless, and the other cameras don't have Lan socket.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you done a pin hole reset on the cameras and started from scratch. They are probably remembering the old SSID and need resetting to the new one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Peenutz
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That makes sense but I'm afraid I'm still not having any luck.  I'll have to resign myself to buying more tp powerline adapters for the other camera. Unfortunately one of the cameras doesn't have a LAN socket so can't use that one. So it's cost me over £100 to get things working, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading if I'd have known that beforehand. 

0 Kudos