cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Xiaomi AX3600 modem mode not working..pls Help

meraip
On our wavelength

Hub 3 Router mode connection to AX3600 fine.

So far Hub 3 on INT port 4 and WAN port on AX3600

Change  Hub 3 to modem mode and internet lost despite connection with tick on device.

Pls help to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there meraip,

Sorry to hear that your Hub 3 and third party router isn't playing nicely together. Thanks for leaving the Hub in router mode as I've had a look at your network details to make sure if there is anything on our side as an explanation and I can see that there are some downstream power levels. I've arranged an engineer to take a look and you can view the details in your online account  where you can also re-arrange it to a more suitable time if necessary.

Please keep your Hub in router mode for the engineer and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to turn off the HUB and the AX3600.

Turn the AX3600 back on, wait till it is fully initiated THEN turn the HUB back on.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
With it working in router mode change to modem mode wait 3 mins and then power off the hub for 2mins then on wait and you should have internet.

if you can't get it to work then get modem mode working with a PC connect the PC to your router and login go to internet/WAN settings and use the clone option to copy the PC MAC to the router then connect the router to the hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tried modem all of the above, however, it did not work.

Only works in with Hub3 in Router mode. So both working together!! So you can use Hub 3 alongside AX3600!!??

Does not seem to work any other way!!

Any ideas?

( So far itt has boosted speeds massively on SH3 but with varying speed whilst AX3600 is continuous speed. Distance is not as advertised up to two football pitches on AX3600! Marketing 😂 )

Hey there meraip,

Sorry to hear that your Hub 3 and third party router isn't playing nicely together. Thanks for leaving the Hub in router mode as I've had a look at your network details to make sure if there is anything on our side as an explanation and I can see that there are some downstream power levels. I've arranged an engineer to take a look and you can view the details in your online account  where you can also re-arrange it to a more suitable time if necessary.

Please keep your Hub in router mode for the engineer and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi

I've got the same issue, I was able to stop my superhub from emitting a 2ghz and 5ghz wifi signal, so it's not visible on devices but it's still in router mode. So far using the AX3600 no issues. It was with it in router mode that the router automatically gathered and set up an internet connection. Previously it wasn't able to do this even with the superhub in modem mode.

I called in for some help but was told that helps not available for 3rd party routers and xiaomi wasnt able to help as the router has yet to be released uk wide.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a PC to work in modem mode then use the MAC clone option in your router
---------------------------------------------------------------

ZenW
Joining in
Have the exact same problem with the Xiaomi AX6000.

I had the Hub3 set to modem (4th port) to router (WAN port) however the luck with the router processing and transmitting internet over. Had to use my Huawei AX3 (AX3000) to get the third party router to work.

Has VM's support found a solution to your problem?

Hi there

I did call virgin media but they said they had to refer me to their tech support team, they said they would be able to remotely fix this issue but would either charge me a monthly payment or a one time payment of £60.

I decided to not go with this, currently my router works if I keep the super hub on in router mode too. But modem mode doesn’t.

not sure on how to move forward, virgin doesn’t seem to support me having a 3rd party router. But anyhow hopefully I find the solution soon.