cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3. WiFi keeps auto re-enabling every 10 mins

cd67232382
On our wavelength

I have a TP-Link Deco mesh WiFi system at home so I have disabled the WiFi on my Hub3, however recently I noticed I kept getting performance issues on my mesh network.  

I logged back into my hub3 to find the WiFi had been switched back on, which I assumed must have happened since the email that came out saying Virgin had improved WiFi.  I disabled the WiFi again and went about my business, only to find sometime later I was getting issues.   I logged back into the Hub3 and WiFi was back on. 

As a test I disabled WiFi but left the page open in my browser and periodically refreshed the page, and it seems it takes about 10 minutes before it ends up enabled again. 

Does anyone have any ideas or has seen this before?    I can't say when it started but I'm pretty sure this has only started up since I got the email about the router update for improved WiFi

110 REPLIES 110

Your in for a long wait for VM to fix this ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @WindowAFX,

Putting the router into Modem Mode means that the router effectively becomes a stand-alone DOCSIS3 cable modem.

Have you tried putting it into Modem Mode yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Really Zach_R really...missing the point of what the person wants.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dude thanks for the reply but, are you a real person and not an AWS ML bot? Not being mean but I need to just disable Wi-Fi on the router and keep it a LAN router. 

LAN router (no Wi-Fi) allows me to use all ethernet (cabled ports), this can and will be PS5 and other Wifi bridges etc.. 

Modem mode essentially exposes a single device to the internet in which case will now need to be a Firewall/router with Ethernet ports so I can keep my PS5 etc cabled. 

I am assuming this is a bug or by design either way undesirable. If can not be easily fixed by your help at the moment then my/our options are from my accounts are:

1. Suck it up as VM's router is buggy as sss

2. Enable modem mode, add extra firewall router and or wifi AP devices

3. Move to BT or another provider

Not sure if anyone else has any other options? 

Had a thought...

Remembered this feature: (HAVE NOW DISABLED and hoping for the best)

My services Virgin Media WiFi

Virgin Media WiFi is our out-of-home WiFi service, connecting our customers to speedy WiFi when they're out and about.

Find out more about the service

Opt in to Virgin Media WiFi. You'll be able to access WiFi in loads of new places on the move, and your Hub will be part of the WiFi hotspot network.

Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi. Your Hub will no longer be part of the WiFi hotspot network, but you'll still be able to access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots whilst on the move. Please note that it may take up to four days for the opt out to come into effect.

Hi @WindowAFX thanks so much for updating us.

Can I just double check do you still require assistance? 

Thank you.

are you able to fix my router that it doesnt keep enabling Wifi as per this thread? if so then yes please I would like some help

Why is the Wifi switching on automatically despite me repeatedly disabling it?

I use 3 ethernet ports from the router so I want to be able to disable the wifi without losing 2 ethernet ports. This is why modem mode is not an option.

Please fix this problem Virgin Media, I pay you enough.

Yep its Massively frustrating, I don't believe we can be helped via here as its clearly a problem that doesn't have a prescript answer!!!!

Is there any chance this will get escalated ??!!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @WindowAFX,

I am sorry for the issues you have been having.

I have managed to locate your account using your forums details.

I have booked an engineer for you, this should appear on your online account shortly.

Please let me know if this is suitable for you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide