cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3. WiFi keeps auto re-enabling every 10 mins

cd67232382
On our wavelength

I have a TP-Link Deco mesh WiFi system at home so I have disabled the WiFi on my Hub3, however recently I noticed I kept getting performance issues on my mesh network.  

I logged back into my hub3 to find the WiFi had been switched back on, which I assumed must have happened since the email that came out saying Virgin had improved WiFi.  I disabled the WiFi again and went about my business, only to find sometime later I was getting issues.   I logged back into the Hub3 and WiFi was back on. 

As a test I disabled WiFi but left the page open in my browser and periodically refreshed the page, and it seems it takes about 10 minutes before it ends up enabled again. 

Does anyone have any ideas or has seen this before?    I can't say when it started but I'm pretty sure this has only started up since I got the email about the router update for improved WiFi

110 REPLIES 110

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cd67232382,

Apologies about the late reply, and sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Hub.

We've had our team look into this and they've made an update that should stop the WiFi becoming enabled again.

Please reboot your Hub and try to carry out the steps you need.

Keep us updated if this has resolved your issue, or if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, so after rebooting the hub3, the WiFi was disabled on both 2.4 and 5 on power up, and it appears to have stayed that way for the past 2 hours. 

I'd love to know what you did!

I'm having the same problem. I keep trying to disable wifi but it wont stick and turns itself back on again after a short period!

I've tried rebooting the hub but it didn't fix the problem.

Can mine be looked at please?

Hi @martinhgregory,

Welcome back to our Community forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear that that you are also having this issue. 

Have you tried putting the Hub in modem mode? This way you will only be able to connect via an Ethernet cable through port one.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I really don't want to use modem mode as I'll loose 3 of the 4 ethernet connections on the router.  I need to these for the TV, cable box, etc etc. 

All I want to do is disable wifi and keep it disabled.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am going to consult with a colleague and will update you accordingly. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @martinhgregory

I am going to pop you a PM so we can discuss this further with you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Did this get sorted for you? I have the same issue where the router keeps enabling WIFI, which is causing me problems

Hi @WindowAFX,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear you're having a spot of bother with getting your router to disable Wi-Fi. Have you tried putting it into Modem Mode yet at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have the same need as everyone else on this thread, Ideally want to use the virgin router as a LAN router no Wi-Fi only, as I have other devices cabled into the ethernet ports. 

I should be able to just disable the Wi-Fi as per design but it reenables which I don't want