cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 WiFi bridge mode

ComfortablyNumb
Tuning in

Hi,

I have a hub 3 which I’m using in bridge mode with a Tenda mw5. All has been fine until recently when the WiFi on the hub 3 has begun to turn itself back on after being disabled in settings. This now can happen multiple times a day, I have tried resetting the hub, and don’t really want to use in modem mode, but wondered if the hub was faulty, has anyone else had this problem? TIA. 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Why don't you wand to use the Tenda without putting the Hub in Modem mode ? Do you think the router is "better" in the Hub than the Tenda?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Purely as I don’t have a switch, and have more than one device connected to the hub directly. I initially set up in bridge mode & was happy until now. If there’s a way of solving the problem I’d rather do that

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All I can suggest (as this issue has been reported a few time recently) is to try a pinhole reset of the Hub.

First make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Have tried the reset, to no avail. Thank you though

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way by far is to put the VM hub into modem mode and get a network switch. These are extremely cheap.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
But VM buggy hub wants you too have wifi enabled it may take months or years for VM to fix the hub and even then they may just remove the option to disable wifi so use modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------