cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 WIFI incorrect password?

Merm07
On our wavelength

hi,

we recently were upgraded to a superhub 3 due to endless wifi issues on 2. Hub3 worked well for ca 2 months, this morning suddenly none of the devices and PC can connect to the wifi network. the signal itself appears strong, restarted, did the line check- no issues and broadband works via Ethernet.

upon trying to connect via wifi, the spinny wheel takes ages and then the simple message "invalid password" (if not timed out by the screensaver), tried to forget network and rejoin...spinny wheel forever...it's like Wifi has shut us out....not acceptable and not an option if you have to work from home. anyone has a solution to this?

25 REPLIES 25

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you use the "alternative" reset protocol suggested in mwssage 12 ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks all. Seems to be working. The Hub had totally reset without me doing anything. Very annoying as had to spend many wasted hours putting everything back on again today, so behind. Sonos was the worse. I suppose VM dont care nor will offer any compensation. Just been told some great new Intel about what Vodafone are getting up to with broadband in early 2019 with current trials in Milton Keynes. I think this could be my last year with VM unless they buck their ideas up. #annoyed #wastedday

Nevermind... All good now. Thanks again. 

Not yet, will give that a try and let you know. Thanks

James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Updates made last night should have resolved this issue for those of you affected.

A simple reboot is all that should now be required.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I re-booted this morning, just because I thought it might work and ........... it didn't.  Gutted that I couldn't watch iPlayer last evening even having spent ages on the phone waiting for "one of our agents will be with you shortly" to be told it will be a 20 minute wait.  Re-set and re-booted to no avail so now without useful wi-fi.  Have always found VM very good in the past at rectifying problems but they must know that their latest update has caused these problems.  Why can't they sort it out?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try this ?  - a pinhole reset with a twist - as per message 12 - has helped a lot of people this week.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.