cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 WIFI incorrect password?

Merm07
On our wavelength

hi,

we recently were upgraded to a superhub 3 due to endless wifi issues on 2. Hub3 worked well for ca 2 months, this morning suddenly none of the devices and PC can connect to the wifi network. the signal itself appears strong, restarted, did the line check- no issues and broadband works via Ethernet.

upon trying to connect via wifi, the spinny wheel takes ages and then the simple message "invalid password" (if not timed out by the screensaver), tried to forget network and rejoin...spinny wheel forever...it's like Wifi has shut us out....not acceptable and not an option if you have to work from home. anyone has a solution to this?

25 REPLIES 25

If I knew what those channels things were I’d say yes. 

And can confirm I have compressed that reset button for at least 60 seconds to no avail. 

I was also having this problem with my Hub 3.

Doing a factory reset does seem to help. However, make sure to leave the box alone after holding down the reset button for 30 seconds. DO NOT turn it off for 60 seconds like the support recommends.

Not sure if the reset actually fixed it, or if tech support pushed a firmware fix (this is my guess as to the problem since this happened to a number of people around the same time) but still worth a shot!

Hi 

I have just tried this and it has worked for now - thank you!

Jen 

Merm07
On our wavelength

just done reset without switching off, this has worked. Thanks!

Monika

Thank you so much - worked for me too!! 

What’s the best way to fix this mine has been the same all day!! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shannen wrote:

What’s the best way to fix this mine has been the same all day!! 

Read message 12

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I changed my package with VM yesterday but don't know if its coincidence that my hub doesn't seem to have the same name or password. If I carry out a reset will I loose everything? I have loads of devices all looking for the hub. I've switched off/on and I see a VM hub and my phone seems to pick it up but nothing else... Does this nkrmally happen and can I reset and go back to how it is and why has this happened... Any ideas? Thanks. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You shouldnt lose anything unless you have set things up in there in an advanced "mode".  The settings will go back to factory so you should go into the settings after the reset and disable channel optimisation and rename the networks ssid's.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jp297
Joining in

I have had the same problem since yesterday. Wired connections work fine but wireless doesn't. I'm guessing an update sent by Virgin has messed this up. Tried a factory reset via the browser and via the pin at the back but didn't work.

Hope this gets fixed quickly, Hyperoptic has just been installed in my block!

JP