cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 WIFI incorrect password?

Merm07
On our wavelength

hi,

we recently were upgraded to a superhub 3 due to endless wifi issues on 2. Hub3 worked well for ca 2 months, this morning suddenly none of the devices and PC can connect to the wifi network. the signal itself appears strong, restarted, did the line check- no issues and broadband works via Ethernet.

upon trying to connect via wifi, the spinny wheel takes ages and then the simple message "invalid password" (if not timed out by the screensaver), tried to forget network and rejoin...spinny wheel forever...it's like Wifi has shut us out....not acceptable and not an option if you have to work from home. anyone has a solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was also having this problem with my Hub 3.

Doing a factory reset does seem to help. However, make sure to leave the box alone after holding down the reset button for 30 seconds. DO NOT turn it off for 60 seconds like the support recommends.

Not sure if the reset actually fixed it, or if tech support pushed a firmware fix (this is my guess as to the problem since this happened to a number of people around the same time) but still worth a shot!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Jake_Ellis
Tuning in

LizzieRobinsone
Joining in

I also am having the exact same problems this morning. All devices disconnected. Yet diagnostics say the hub and internet is fine. But shut out due to ‘incorrect password’ despite rebooting our Hub. 

have asked behind the scenes and its being looked in to

a reset would would cause the wifi password to revert to default so if you have/had set your own wifi password it may be that they have reset if something on the network caused a reset over night

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good call tony...could anyone affected please confirm if the default WiFi password (see sticker on the base of the hub) provides access...failing that please try a pinhole reset of the Hub and let us know if this restores connectivity via the default settings.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Merm07
On our wavelength

we haven't changed from the default password i.e. the one the hub came with. so it is also affecting this

Hello

We haven’t changed our password since having it from around two months ago. Just won’t let us in. Have tried resetting and nothing has changed. 

Merm07
On our wavelength

also reentered the default password and it tell's me its incorrect

Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks...is this affecting both 2.4 and 5Ghz channels?

Could you also confirm if a full pinhole reset (depress for around 30 seconds or so) allows to you to then reconnect via default settings.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules