cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Sticker or card in slot

Bazinbelfast
Tuning in

I have tried to reset to factory settings it says there is a sticker, THERE IS NOT only a demountable Card containing SSID Name and wi fi password.  After reset to factory the Hub reverts to its original SSID. But when I put the Hub IP address in and the password, I insert the password, but it declares "Not Valid" but all my devices log in without any password, I have tried my own previous passwords and even a generic password from Virgin after waiting 43 minutes on the phone V1234 that also failed. Anyone any ideas?. When I called Virgin to dump Broadband, they offered a discount of £5 off my TV, Phone and Broadband package JOKE Not funny.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The sticker is on the bottom of the Hub.  There are two passwords, one for wifi and one for admin.  It's the admin one you need after a pinhole reset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The sticker is on the bottom of the Hub.  There are two passwords, one for wifi and one for admin.  It's the admin one you need after a pinhole reset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for you reply but as I said in my post THER IS NO STICKER ON THE BOTTOM or anywhere else. But thanks for trying

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is no sticker and no pull out card, then you can't get any further.  VM will need to supply a new Router if you have done a factory pinhole reset.

Thanks again yes there is no sticker but I have the pull out card which I was trying but alas it did not work

Thanks again

Hi @Bazinbelfast

Thanks for posting. I can see you've chatted with the team since posting - did you get it sorted? Let me know if you need further assistance 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No I haven't tried several t56imes to get through to Virgin site must be down again going to try again today to get a new hub with a sticker!  Thanks again Just changed from OS to Giff Gaff pity Virgin don't copy their site and customer support is amazing no wonder they are 2nd in the league of Toop customer service. ,Thanks for your contact, here we go again,

Barry Symmons

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We will be able to take a look at this further for you however I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available engineer appointment to replace the Hub. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your prompt attention to this problem sadly it is not the same in other parts of the operation.

Regards

Barry Symmons