Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Router more problems

I have been having problems with my HUB 3 router for months. It started by it losing connection to the internet or no or unstable speed..unplugging and restarting would cure this temporary. When I finally spoke to some they suggested resetting the router to factory settings as they could not communicate with it from their end this I done and kept my fingers crossed that all my devices would re connect when I reinstated my passwords.thankfully they did    the reset appears to have sorted the connection and speed problems, But now I have another problem .ALL my connected smart plugs including my heating stat went offline meaning I could not control anything either from the apps or my Alexa.however whilst they were offline I could still use wifi and internet.a quick reboot and everything came back it seems that my 2.4g had gone down.have I just got a naff router

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Router more problems

Is it just wifi causing problems?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All the devices that went off line were wifi ,  thermostat, plugs etc all 2.4 channel  

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did any wired devices drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not that I am off only..only my main tv and tv box they were in use...i still had internet on wireless tablet , phone, and upstairs tv my speed was 110 mbps   my guess is they are on the 5ghz signal. All the devices  that where offline were on the 2.4 signal   smart plugs and thermostat

0 Kudos