cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3, Red

Davjac
Joining in

I have a continuous red light on my Hub 3. After yet another evening of having to give up on iPlayer, I’m feeling a bit frustrated! I’ve called VirginMedia 3 times now. The first time I was promised that when I called again a technician would come out to me ‘with a spare hub’ on his van. Sounded simple and positive! This was not the case however and I’ve now called 3 times. Checks done, promises made and no follow up. Can anyone advise me what to do? Surely a replacement Hub would be a relatively simple answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davjac, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting and bring this to our attention. 

Sincerest apologies for your experience so far, and ongoing issues with a red light on your hub!

I just need to check that:

1) the hub is Upright, well ventilated and if possible out of direct sunlight. 

2) You have tried rebooting the hub, but the problem still persists. 

Having had a look on our systems the speeds coming into the hub are looking great, but there are a number of disconnections showing. (You can run these tests yourself via Sam Knows here.)

Following your confirmation of the questions above, I will then send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get a technician booked out to you in the first available slot to investigate further, and replace the hub if needed. 

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davjac, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting and bring this to our attention. 

Sincerest apologies for your experience so far, and ongoing issues with a red light on your hub!

I just need to check that:

1) the hub is Upright, well ventilated and if possible out of direct sunlight. 

2) You have tried rebooting the hub, but the problem still persists. 

Having had a look on our systems the speeds coming into the hub are looking great, but there are a number of disconnections showing. (You can run these tests yourself via Sam Knows here.)

Following your confirmation of the questions above, I will then send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get a technician booked out to you in the first available slot to investigate further, and replace the hub if needed. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly, thanks for your speedy reply. We’ll be very grateful if you can follow this through for us. Looking forward to hearing from you.  Many thanks.

Should have said, ‘Yes’ to both questions! 

Hi Molly. Wondering how things are going with progressing this? Looking forward to hearing from you. 

It's now Saturday evening and we have no internet at all! I'm using data to post this. 

I phoned virginmedia for the 4th time this afternoon and was told there was no problem. Another 24 hours and we'll be able to book a technician - apparently! Same story. Same avoidance of doing anything. Wish we weren't tied to a VM contract. Other providers must be better!! 

Hi there @Davjac, apologies for the delayed response and thank you for confirming the questions previously asked.

As the hub still has this light and you now have no internet I will need to check this further. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so I can do this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Davjac, thanks for private messaging with me. As advised your tech has been booked. You can view this appointment via your online account here.

Please ensure someone over the age of 18 is available for the appointment. If this appointment is missed for any reason there will be a £25 charge added to the account as a missed appointment charge.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules