cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red Light

2oldtorocknroll
Tuning in

I have seen on this board that several people have had my problem My hub is showing only a red power light. I have logged into the hub and ran diagnostics and they say the temperature is normal. The solution for others seems do be a new hub. Do I need one and how do I get it?

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait for VM to pick up the thread they will look at it - just confirm you are not in modem mode - thats a magenta light which can look red

Tony.
Sacked VIP

If you're in router mode and there's a red light showing, even if it is a false positive - the hub needs replacing as a health and safety issue!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @2oldtorocknroll thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the potential concern regarding the lights on your hub.  I have had a look from here and cannot see any issues with your hub.  However there are planned works going on in your area.  This are scheduled to be completed by 3:00pm today. Can you please update us after this time?

Regards

Lee_R

Just to confirm I'm not in modem mode, just back from a short UK cruise and light still red. Ran diagnostics again and the still say that the hub is running at a normal tempurature.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @2oldtorocknroll and thanks for coming back to us.

The red light is concerning for me as you aren't in modem mode, we would need to arrange a technician visit to look into this further as some of the components within the hub could be overheating.

Before I can book a visit in, I would need to confirm a few details via a private message so that we can get this booked in. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details @2oldtorocknroll.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks.

You're very welcome @2oldtorocknroll and please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L