cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red Light & no Ethernet

charobham
Joining in

Hi I have a Hub 3 in Router mode. Red light persistently showing. Have a Wi-Fi signal but no Ethernet, which is a problem as I rely on Ethernet heavily for work. I have gone through all the fix and troubleshooting procedures recommended by Virgin multiple times and problem persists. Router is not in direct sunlight etc. I want a new router please. Can someone from customer support please get in touch asap? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @charobham 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you are having issues with the Hub having the red light. Just to confirm, the steps you have taken, are they the below?

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If so, please let us know and we will assist further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @charobham 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you are having issues with the Hub having the red light. Just to confirm, the steps you have taken, are they the below?

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If so, please let us know and we will assist further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, 

thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I’ve taken all these steps. I’ve also done a full reset as well. Hub is out of sunlight, well  ventilated etc. kind regards, Charlie 

Thanks for confirming this has been done 😊

As this is still showing the red light I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so a technician can be arranged.

Regards

Nathan