cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Reboots

BGL
Dialled in

For many months / years, my HUB 3 will randomly reboot then reconnect after 15mins or so.

A few visits, swapped Hub and attenuators installed etc.

Following an engineer visit to check things the other week a cable fault was identified under my garden and subsequently swapped out..

This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team'

Does anyone have any experience of similar faults and is there hope that they will finally resolve this? (This does not show on the service checker as a fault which is also annoying)

If they monitor for a week without the issue popping up and close the fault I won't be happy when it returns 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------
HUB 4 1Gb - Direct Ethernet Connection
My Broadband Ping - BGL1
137 REPLIES 137

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BGL

Sorry to hear that you Hub has dropped out again, I have checked your account and can see that you are currently experiencing a prolonged signal levels issue. Please can you try performing a pin hole reset on your Hub by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Please let me know if things improve after this.

Our engineers don't record anything other than if they have attended, unfortunately we can't see any of the notes they put in.

Apologies,

Serena

Hello,

A pinhole reset has been performed previously, the last two engineers confirmed a network fault,  the phone number to check faults does not show any issues when there is one - a 'cardiograph' on the last engineer visit showed the SNR Upstream drops and networks should be aware of the fault.

(Engineer when asked for a fault code, said it would be logged against my account)

As this has been ongoing for some time now can you escalate this issue please?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BGL,

I am sorry for everything.

Please can you try plugging your Hub into a different power outlet? Also please make sure the Hub is well ventilated.

Also a pinhole reset if you haven't done this already 🙂

Let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've been experiencing issues for a very long time now and only started to push for a resolution due to working from home. (Previously due to work requirements for out of hours support, I paid for a separate ADSL broadband connection to ensure I could work when the SuperHub2 dropped offline).

The SuperHub 3 exhibits the same issues as the SuperHub2, however resets much faster (about 6 mins) this is frustrating as myself / partner work from home and rely on this connection.

Information on what has been done:

Cabling inside checked and HUB reset fully.

Recent Engineer visits (I can recall)

1. Engineer visits, fault identified with the box that the cable enters my property and replaced parts.

2. Engineer visits,  identified an issue with the cable under my garden and had it replaced

3. Engineer visits,  identified an issue on the VM network and noted my neighbour's HUB resetting at the same time as mine

4. Engineer visits, no knowledge of previous history – all my equipment checks out fine, noise issue noted on upstream SNR and raised to Networks

5. Engineer visits, no knowledge of previous history – all my equipment checks out fine, networks report an issue in the area that was resolved at 8.30am a few hours before the engineer arrived

6. Engineer visits,  noise issue noted on the SNR upstream and a 'cardiograph' for the last three days confirms it - raised to Networks who report awareness of the fault, asked for a reference code and was informed it would be on my account

7. VM Tests have given me the following, reporting a Network fault

BGL_0-1624460595202.png

Contacting the suggested number 0800 561 0061 reports no issues - when I'm not connected.

Things not done:

Original Telewest Box inside house looked at, HUB replaced (Superhub2 had issue also so unlikely this imo).

As all the on site investigations and the VM test shows though, the issue is with the Network (as shown with the neighbour issue at the same time)

Can you please investigate the issue with the network team/escalate?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hi @BGL

I'm awaiting a response from my colleague to see if the tech has came back surrounding this, i'd like to get this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Did you hear anything back?

I haven't had any drop outs now for two weeks - I can see that using Fast.com my client is now identified as 'Leigh, GB' where previously it reported as Orrell.

Geographically I'd say Leigh is around four times closer to me so suspect this shift may have helped... 

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hi BGL

Can you pleas keep us updated if this resorts back to dropping out again

Sounds like its doing okay right now

But we are here to help 

Gareth_L

Had another drop out just now and looking at my BQM logs can see a drop out on the 11 of this month around 3am.

Have you had any feedback on this yet from the network team?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hello BGL 

I cannot see anything on the account that relates to the drop at 3am 

Gareth_L

I've just had another drop out - can someone please advise further?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1